Selling Your Home
Expert advice to increase home value.
When the time comes to sell your home here are some tips that can help.
- Using an experienced Realtor will save you time and will streamline the selling process.
- Utilize your Realtor to find a proper listing price based on a comparative market value analysis.
- Prepare your home for sale by working with a realtor who can take pictures, evaluate your home’s needs to ready it for market and make suggestions to best show off your home.
- Prepare the outside of your home for sale. Your realtor can recommend improvements, if needed, and help you get the landscape tip top and in the most beautiful condition to attract buyers to your home. The exterior of your home is the first impression the prospective buyer will have.
- Never enter into a conversation with a prospective buyer without your Realtor. Let the realtor answer any questions the prospective buyers may have. It is best for you to be away from the house when it is being shown. For your own protection, do not show your home without a Realtor present.
- Home conditioning is an important determinant of the net dollars you receive from the sale of your home.
- Exterior: Mow the lawn, fertilize and keep watered Trim shrubbery and trees, edge flower beds, weed and cultivate.
- Interior: Keep your home spotless and ready for last-minute showings.
- Showing your home: Let in as much light as possible, open drapes and curtains, turn on lights.